Sunday, January 22, 2006

Hello, World

Hi. Welcome to Dealing in Lead. You might recognize the title, a phrase I first came across in Stephen King's Gunslinger series.

The purpose of this blog is to discuss dissent, revolution, and the obligation of vigilance in a democratic republic. My goal, in creating this blog, is to map out the moral issues surrounding government, culture, and civilization. It is my hope that, together, we can be one of many nodes in the new internet based marketplace of ideas that is the last, best hope for preserving progressive civilization.

Join me, and together maybe we can leave the world a better place than it was when we arrived.

To start us off, I will be posting some of the essays I've written over the last two years concerning the topic at hand. I look forward to seeing what you all have to say.

3 Comments:

Blogger WalkingShark said...

I, too, have concerns about the gun control culture on the left. Power really does come out of the barrel of a gun. With the advent of the "Fighting Democrat" movement (veterans running for office as democrats) I think we'll see the edge being taken off the anti-gun message. Look at up and coming superstar Paul Hackett.

As for Alito... well, that IS a problem that I'm not sure how to solve. I think the democrats need to fillibuster him and ply the airwaves, letting everyone know just how radical right he really is. If they fail to do that, and Alito sits on the bench, we could have a serious problem.

3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good point on Paul Hackett. I agree he could be part of the solution. We also need to bring in more of the hunting/fishing crowd. I hear Montana is having some success at that.

I like your site and your writings. Will pass on the word, but I am a small timer.

7:04 PM  
Blogger WalkingShark said...

Welcome aboard, good to have you. :)

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home